Searching To Find Info On CBD Benefits For Pets? This Five Minute Read Explains The Benefits, Dangers, Uses, Dosages and Warnings Of Using CBD For Your Pet.
ALWAYS CONSULT YOUR VETERINARIAN BEFORE GIVING YOUR PET ANY SUPPLEMENTS.
If you love your pet(s) and looking for all natural ways to promote longevity, energy and sleep. Then a good CBD (Cannabidiol) may give your pet what it needs.
Studies done by multiple reputable institutions have shown that in dogs and cats react similarly to humans when given CBD. Want to know how it works?
What Is Pet CBD?
Hemp Oil specifically CBD is one of 80 active compounds found in the Cannabis plant. Cannabidiol oil is the second most prominent compound within the cannabis plant, second only to tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
CBD for pets is not much different from CBD marketed for human consumption. Hemp oil is hemp oil. The only difference in some formulas are additives that are put in to make the oil more favorable to the animal attempting to ingest it. like Salmon oil or MCT oil.
You always want to make sure that the products you are giving your pet are high grade and certified with COAs. I personally do not give my dog anything that has not been 3rd party tested. So just a suggestion there.
CBD Benefits For Pets
While the information on the benefits of CBD for pets is still ongoing, there has been documentation and research that suggests some significant benefits of adding cannabinoids like CBD to our our furry friends diet.
Consult your veterinarian before giving your pet any CBD products. Test results are still being reported and a bunch more research is ongoing about the benefits and dangers of CBD use in pets and humans alike.
Ways To Give Your Pet CBD
There are many ways to give CBD to pets. Many brands have Dog and Cat treats with CBD infused in them. Below is a list of my favorite treats.
- CBD Dog/Cat Treats: Benefits of treats are they come in many different sizes, shapes and textures so you can give your pet something they will ask for. Warnings of treats is This is much slower and less traceable way to give the CBD. So much so in fact that people have said that CBD doesn’t or didn’t work for there pet. When it does, its just being given in to small of dose.
- CBD Infused Bones: Careful if you are going to go this route. Dogs have shown to only chew on these bones periodically. This means they probably are not getting the amount of CBD they need or any CBD at all.
- Topical Oil/Creams: Use only if you know the exact area that your pet suffers or has skin conditions.
- Capsules: This is a suggested method of delivery as it is a specific dose and can be regulated.
- Pure Oil Tinctures: I prefer to give my pets Pure CBD Oil Tinctures specific for animals. This is the best way to deliver CBD. The oil is immediately ingested and you can see results within 30-45 minutes.
Personally I would stay away from treats and bones. Just my opinion, but I would rather know exactly how much CBD I’m giving my pet.
Below is a video of me giving my Lilly and her dad Lucky some of the Doc Thackery’s Pet CBD oil Tincture.
As you can see, when the oil is pure and created with taste in mind, the pet will be fine to take the CBD oil just like you’re giving them a treat. I suggest you try Doc Thackery’s pet CBD.
Update Video 7/23/2020: Lilly is up and running. Check it out. I’m thrilled to see her pain reduced and her getting some of her liveliness back.
Where To Buy CBD For Pets?
Below is a list of my top pics of Pet CBD companies:
Top Pick For Pure CBD Oil: Doc Thackery’s CBD
Top Pick For Soft Treats: WebMD.Com
Top Pick For Tablets/Capsules: HolistaPet.Com
Top Pick For Topicals: PawCBD
CBD Dosage For Pets?
All pets are different. Some pet CBD companies have put dosage units of measure on the labels of the bottle that go by weight. I usually give my dogs about 1/2 tincture of pure CBD oil.
I recommend consulting a veterinarian prior to giving your pet any CBD or other products.